Monday, March 16, 2015

Money and Charity

I have two possible orders for crocheted items. I am hopeful that it will work out. My family can really use the money.  I am working on changing how I handle my budget. It is so hard to change things you haven't really had control over. Suddenly having full control over my own finances is frightening at the same time it is empowering.

Went to evening services last night and I kind of disagreed with a little of what was said. The pastor's wife said that anyone NOT Christian was Wicked. I say not necessarily. It may very well be that they live a good Christian life without knowing Christ himself.  Does the lack of knowledge of him then make them wicked? I think not.

I went to a charity give away on Saturday. I am so grateful there are pantries and groups like this that give out things to help others. However, I was very saddened to see that most of the clothes there were badly stained. Why do people think they can give trash to the poor? It only makes them think that is all they are worth and it that is all they are worth why should they bother to try to do better? Please if you donate clothing or other items to a charity or to other people PLEASE be sure they are CLEAN and in Good repair. The jacket I was given had no zipper. I was unaware of this until I got home. Now to keep it I must find the money to put snaps or something on it to close it. Otherwise it was in good shape.

I adopted 9 children in need as my nieces and nephews.  I am only required to send them a letter each month but I hope to slowly come to sending them little gifts each month. I want to send them something nice for their birthdays and for Christmas. I am unable to do anything for my own children. I can only hope that I can lift up these little ones and enrich their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment