Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Best Crafts: Sent and Received

Good morning my wonderful readers!  This post is part of a swap I am doing for swap-bot .  One of my partners has requested that I write and share about the best craft I ever made/gave and received.  She requested I post photos. This is going to be fun!

First the best I ever made. I have done a lot over the years.  Sadly I did not get photos of everything,so some are lost to me forever. However I do have some photos.


This is Blizzard. I custom made him from a Mountain Brothers My Little Pony from the 80s.  I first washed his mane and tail. Combed them and braided them to help not get the hair into the paint.  When I began his design I had planned on using silver for the snow and gold for his body color, however,that just looked gaudy when I tested the scheme on paper. I ended up with Black and White. I think the overall effect is heartwarming.  I actually sold this piece on Ebay to a collector who had a very nice MLP collection.

Now for the best craft I ever received.  I took part in a pay it forward game on ATCsforall and I got this lovely ATC from Belinda S. From Pennsylvania. Isn't it just lovely?


I adore Unicorns and I have to say this is the best one I have ever been given. I have never tried this style,but I am thinking of cultivating some of the strokes and lines used here. Making ATCs and trading them is a lot of fun and I hope more people try it out. There are so many styles and types of ATCs that anyone can do it.

Well, that is all I can think of to say about these. I hope you enjoyed the post my readers. Until my next writing, be creative <3

1 comment:

  1. oh my , love your pony. i was into mlp as a child. the atc is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete