Sunday, April 13, 2014

Misconceptions and Gentle Acceptions

Not too long ago, a very sweet, and very new friend commented that I should remember I may not always be Bipolar.  I am very sorry to have to write that as of today there is no known cure for Bipolar Disorder. It can be well managed with medication and Therapy, but sadly it will always be a part of the lives of those inflicted with it. As wonderful as it would be to be able to take a pill and suddenly no longer have it, those of us ill with it must accept it as a part of ourselves.  It only sets us up for failure to believe it will one day just go away. If we believe this then when we have our stretches of normalcy we may mistake it for being cured, go off our meds, stop therapy and end up hurting ourselves or others. We must be ever diligent to be sure we are under proper care and control to avoid such occurrences.

Another thing we must all accept, at least as far as I am concerned, is that we will never be "enough" for anyone else. We must learn to be enough for ourselves. Only then can we truly love and be loved. Seems I have a ways to go on this.

Until next time readers, I had best be on to other tasks. I will write again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Trying the again! :)

    I wanted to tell you i was touched by reading this, although i do not suffer from being bi polar, i do suffer from adult adhd. it's hard to explain to anyone what it's like to have constant chaos in your mind. meds only do so much, but then i don't feel like myself. i've been off for a little over 10 years (since high school) now that i'm a mother, and getting over whelmed by work, home and her not getting as much of me as she should, i'm reconsidering that path. thank you for sharing!

    jade aka greenqueen86 on swap-bot.com

    ReplyDelete