Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Quotes Fun

I signed up for a swap on swap-bot.com and it was to send each partner 25 different quotes.  These are the first 25 I received today from one of the people that were to send to me:

1.“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” - John Quincy Adams

2.“Duty is ours; results are God's” - John Quincy Adams

3.“Happiness is not the absence of problems; it's the ability to deal with them.” - Steve Maraboli

4.“It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” - Aristotle Onassis

5.“Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don't pray when it rains if you 
don't pray when the sun shines.” - Richard M. Nixon

6.“If you haven't got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.” - Bob Hope

7.“For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted.” - Jesus Christ

8.“A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night.” - Marilyn Monroe

9.“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” - William Shakespeare

10.“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” - Aristotle

11.“There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children.” - Nelson Mandela

12.“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” - Mahatma Gandhi

13.“We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.” -Buddha

14.“Love life, engage in it, give it all you’ve got. Love it with a passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it”- Maya Angelou

15.“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.” - Abraham Lincoln

16.“Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence.” - Leonardo da Vinci

17.”When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix

18.“I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best.” - Walt Whitman

19.“Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” - Oprah Winfrey

20.“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe

21.“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'.” - Erma Bombeck

22.“Guilt is perhaps the most painful companion of death.”  - Coco Chanel

23.“Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.” - George Carlin

24.“I am at peace with God. My conflict is with Man.” - Charlie Chaplin

25. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” - Confucius

These are the second set I received so far:


“I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise that it won’t be boring.”-David Bowie
“If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give you, you’re not worthy…truth is, everyone is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”-Bob Marley
“I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way (s)he handles these 3 things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.”-Maya Angelou
"If you are not enjoying something, it’s almost always because you are doing it too fast.”-Donna Tartt
“Beauty is rarely soft or consolatory. Quite the contrary. Genuine beauty is always quite alarming.”-Donna Tartt
“She wasn’t doing a thing that I could see, except standing there, leaning on the balcony, holding the universe together.”-J.D. Salinger
“I always find beauty in things that are odd and imperfect-they are much more interesting.”-Marc Jacobs
“If you knew time as well as I do, you would not talk about wasting it.”-The Mad Hatter, Lewis Carroll
“I know I'm an acquired taste: I'm anchovies. And not everyone wants those hairy little things. If I was potato chips, I could go more places.” -Tori Amos
“I wanted to write about the moment when your addictions no longer hide the truth from you. When your whole life breaks down. That's the moment when you have to somehow choose what your life is going to be about.”-Chuck Palahniuk
“There he goes - one of God's own prototypes - a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”-Raul Duke, Hunter S. Thompson
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes ‘Awww!’”-Jack Kerouac
“It's not that I literally think I'm a faerie. It's just that I feel so different from most people. And this idea of a race living underground in caverns, spending all their days dancing and playing the fiddle and eating flowers and reciting poetry and sharing their dreams, that to me sounds much more real than the way people live in this world, hating and fighting and wanting and hurting.”- Francesca Lia Block
“The time has come to find a way of thinking about spirituality and ethics that is beyond religion.”-His Holiness the 14th Dali Lama
“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.” -E.L. Doctorow
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mohandas Gandhi
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."-Douglas Adams
"What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that though I do not know you and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you."-Valerie from V for Vendetta
“I wonder how many people I’ve looked at my entire life and never seen.”-John Steinbeck
“What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee?”-Anthony Trollope
“No one is born hating another person because of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than it’s opposite.”-Nelson Mandela
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”-Dr. Suess
“Don’t save something for a special occasion. Every day of your life is a special occasion.”-Thomas S. Monson
“I prefer crazy and happy rather than normal and bitter.”-Paulo Coelho

“The work that you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life.”-Jessica Hische

I just got these too:

1.  "Think happy thoughts and they will shine from your face like sunbeams." - Roald Dahl
 
2.  "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -  Greek Proverb
 
3.  "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." - Mae West
 
4.  "When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person that walked in.  That's what the storm is all about." - Haruki Marakami
 
5.  "Forever - is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson
 
6.  "Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been." - Mark Twain
 
7.  "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American
 
8.  "There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
 
9.  "Some people look for a beautiful place.  Others make a place beautiful." - Hazrat Inavat Khan
 
10.  "Be kind whenever possible.  It is always possible." - Dalai Lama
 
11.  "Always bring your own sunshine." - Anthony D'Angelo
 
12.  "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." - Abraham Lincoln
 
13.  "Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
 
14.  "The grass is greener where you water it." - Neil Barringham
 
15.  "Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."  - Dr. Seuss
 
16.  "A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for everything." - Irish Proverb
 
17.  "The whole earth was brimming sunshine that morning.  She tripped along, the clear sky pouring liquid blue into her soul." - Theodore Dreiser
 
18.  "Have the maturity to know that sometimes silence is more powerful than having the last word." - Thema Davis
 
19.  "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do." - Walt Disney
 
20.  "In the end it is the person you have become, not the things you have achieved, that is the most important." - Les Brown
 
21.  "I wish to live a life that causes my soul to dance inside my body." - Dele Olanubi
 
22.  "To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson 
 
23.  "Sometimes people are beautiful.  Not in looks, not in what they say, just in what they are." - Markus Zusak
 
24.  "When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears." - Tony Robbins
 
25.  "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

Feel free to use these when you need to say something to someone without knowing how to say it. They are great, I think, for handmade cards too.

9 comments:

  1. Great quotes! Thanks for sharing! I'm sorry I missed that swap, I love quotes :)

    Magena22 Swap-bot Follow Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. ImzadiRose from Swap-Bot here. Thank you for sharing your blog for the Follow Me Swap #25.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabricfriend from swap-bot. we are neighbors! well, almost. i am north of the river but work in kcmo public schools. thanks for the quotes i use them in my art journals.

    tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarlettroses02 from follow me #25 on Swapbot. Lovely quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Scribble from Swap Bot here. I would have liked to have been in on that swap too. You got quite a collection here. I really liked the Bob Marley one! Thanks for sharing your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat, I really like quotes too. I use them in my art journal. A quote can add a lot. Following you on Google. Here from Swap-Bot.
    Hope you'll follow on my blog, even if we're not partners. Love your background.
    www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com
    Coleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I love your background. Did I say that? So vintage.

    Coleen, s-b (coleenfranks)
    www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great quotes. Makes me wonder what quotes from our time will be repeated throughout history! Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sarah
    lostinavalon on Swapbot (Follow Me #26)

    ReplyDelete