Tuesday, March 18, 2014

An unsurprising let down

It came as no real surprise when my ex-husband called stating they had car trouble and thus the kids would not be able to visit after all.  Here I had had the hope of 5 wonderful days with my children, but alas twas not to be.  My mother of course doesn't believe they had car trouble, however she does admit that she is mad at the world in her grief for my father.  My father passed away February 1st, 2014. It has left us all reeling a little bit.  On a happy note the thought of them coming spurred me into cleaning up my room better, so now it is fairly good. I will work on organizing and getting rid of any trash stashed in my shelves and such. I want to start gardening so bad, unfortunately it keeps raining almost every other day. Need the ground to be dry or I will end up with a muddy, sticky mess. Missouri soil has a lot of clay here and there and messing with a mix like that while wet is just begging for trouble. Fingers crossed that the rain misses us tonight.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you lost your dad. I lost mine about a year ago. Hard to lose a dad, but really hard for the wife (your mom) as well. Hope you get to see your kids soon. I'm sure they miss you.
    Coleen, an American in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete