Sunday, February 16, 2014

Books are an escape

Have you ever wanted to escape reality even if it were only for an hour or so? I do, quite often. Want to know how I do it? Nope, not my imagination. No way, I don't do drugs. Uh-uh, no drinking either. I use books. I have found that I can get so into what the book is talking about that I lose track of time. I read just about everything I can get my hands onto. Currently I am reading Lost in the Mirror by Richard Moskovitz, M.D.  It's all about Borderline Personality Disorder. I have one doctor telling me I have this disorder. The others say two different kinds of bipolar. If they can't agree then why not believe I have them all just to be safe. So, I read and read and read some more.  So far I like this book, it's kind of laid back and not entirely clinical. Most of it is easy to understand. I would highly recommend finding a SAFE hobby to lose yourself in. Be it books, forums online, computer/internet games, or video games. Just remember, your life is precious and you should cherish it by doing everything you can to stay healthy. Until next time, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading as well ;)

    -Zefaniya (Follow me #24)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read. Sometimes so much that I feel like the main character. It's interesting, not many other people feel that way.
    I have aspergers and an anxiety disorder. So I often find it hard to talk to others- and when I do talk to them I always feel like they think I'm a freak. :/

    ReplyDelete