Friday, July 12, 2013

Hidradenitis Suppurativa Pain Beyond the Norm

I suffer from Hidradenitis Suppurativa. It is a rare and cruel disease that affects somewhere between 0.02% and 4.6% experts don't agree on this statistic.  Today I had to have my first abscess drained. As a woman I am hesitant to say anything is worse than the pain of childbirth but for once I have honestly found something that, for me, is indeed worse than childbirth. That would be being given shots in an abscess. I thought I would lose my mind from the pain.  It was a wonder and a great joy to have my fiance with me in the ER during this horrid experience. To know that he is there for me and wants to stay with me knowing this is only the beginning. I am amazed and humbled. I had fallen on hard times and gone off my special diet, meds and vitamin regimen. This is an eye opener about how badly I need to stick with those things. I will be working on getting back to  the health track. Wish me luck ladies and gents.

No comments:

Post a Comment