Friday, May 25, 2012

Regret

"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable." Sydney J. Harris Everyone has regrets in their past. Things they should not have done, things they should have done and others they wish had been done differently. I love my life as it is but I constantly feel a tug telling me things could have been so different had one thing worked out differently. If I had told that one person how I felt, if he had felt that way about me...if all of our common friends had not been so angry at the magnetism between us that drove us to spend so much time together. Perhaps if things had worked out differently his daughter would have been my daughter and we would still be together for I am THAT loyal. Despite the failings of our marriage, my husband and I find ourselves still together after 10 years. We have 3 insane little devils we call children, ha ha. But still I am drawn each night to think of the great man in my life that I am resigned to call friend to the end of my days. The one who deserved so much better than the woman who left him and a darling little girl to go party. Now he works endlessly to support his baby girl. So lonely an existence. I hope that our chats on Facebook ease his pain. He is a good man and no matter how much it hurts, I pray every day that he will find someone to love him as I do, maybe even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment