Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ponderings

"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by  time; it is  regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."   Sydney J. Harris

Ah, regret. The bittersweet twist of yesterday cast on today and shadowing tomorrow. Everyone has at least one regret. My own being many. Some I can never share because they would affect my here and now and never change anything for the better.   One regret I can share is that I should have gone to college when I had a chance and not moved out to live with someone who at the time  turned out to be a bad influence. However, had I not moved in with this person I never would have met my husband or had my sweet children.


So while we all have regrets, I think it's best to dwell only on those we can change. At this point in time I can not attend college, but one day...perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment